Why should you use a daily protein care water treatment?
Just like your body, your hair needs protein to stay healthy. If your hair feels limp or brittle, it could be a sign that your hair needs a protein treatment. Protein Treatment strengthens hair with a variety of nutrients and proteins to help rebuild and strengthen strands.
These treatments are also great for those planning to tint, brighten, or chemically texture. By treating your tresses with protein before chemically treating them, you can help strengthen the roots of your hair and make it fundamentally healthier.
If hair is made of protein, why does it need an extra protein treatment? Hair naturally loses moisture and nutrients the farther it is from the roots. As we lose moisture and nutrients, the proteins that keratinize begin to break down and break down. It loses strength and elasticity, and the bond becomes weaker. Rebuilding, supporting, and strengthening this protein matrix is the key to healthy hair and scalp.
What does a protein treatment do for your hair?
- Protects hair from damage: Protein components such as hydrolyzed wheat protein or silk amino acids attach directly to the hair follicle, stiffening the cuticle. This creates a barrier around the follicle, protecting it from further damage.
- Strengthens Hair: Ogboru explains that protein is the building block of hair, so replacing lost or damaged protein from the hair follicle row from the root helps strengthen the hair’s overall length.
- Improves Elasticity: Protein-deficient hair often stretches more than usual before breaking. The protein treatment helps restore hair’s elasticity, allowing it to stretch normally and then spring back.
- Helps Prevent Breakage & Split Ends: By improving hair’s strength and elasticity, the protein treatment helps prevent breakage and split ends. Since the protein treatment prevents hair from becoming weak, brittle, and strong hair is less likely to break, it can make the hair appear to grow.
- Improves the overall appearance of your hair: Protein certainly affects the density, elasticity, and strength of your hair. Plus, they help prevent hair breakage and split ends, and help hair grow to its potential diameter, resulting in more, better, or healthier hair overall
How often should you use protein treatment?
Our experts agree that protein care treatments are safe for all hair types; however, hair that is dry, damaged, color-treated, porous, or textured will benefit the most.
If your hair is porous, limp, lacking in elasticity, falling out, or has recently been colored, you need protein in your hair. The highly porous strands have cracks and gaps in the hair, exposing the cortex (outer layer) to environmental stress. Unfortunately, this causes the hair to absorb and release moisture faster than normal, leading to tangles and frizz. To fill voids and cracks, you’ll need a hair protein treatment to strengthen your strands.
How to use a daily protein care water treatment:
If you’re into protein treatments at home, you know our picks. However, before starting any treatment, you should first monitor your hair for a lack of protein, which could be mistaken for a lack of moisture. If all goes well, try a weekly or monthly at-home treatment, depending on the condition of your hair and scalp. 30-45 minutes is recommended, keeping in mind that some products can be left overnight. A simple protein heat treatment looks like this:
- Treat hair with a protein care treatment or hair mask from the scalp to the ends. Comb through with fingers or a wide-toothed comb to ensure an even application.
- Wrap hair in a bun and cover, such as B. Shower cap. (Note: Some treatments do not require coverage, so always follow product directions).
- Blow dry (low heat) evenly around the head to ensure even heat distribution and avoid burns.
- Remove the cap and rinse to dispose of. Depending on the specific product instructions, you may need to shampoo and condition after this treatment.
WHO ARE WE, AND HOW CAN SOURCING LAB ASSIST YOUR BEAUTY BRAND?
SourcingLab is Korea’s leading international cosmetic development services firm with access to the latest formulations in Skincare, Makeup, Hair & Body Care. Our clients range from global major corporations to well-funded startups. SourcingLab will guide you through the process from Conceptualization, Branding, and Design through Development to Production, Regulatory Compliance, and Logistics. With an International Team and a streamlined process, we will help you go to market fast and clean.